From cleanup for gutters to replacing batteries in your detectors, these are the things you should do to prepare your home for fall!
Wouldn’t it be amazing if all you need to welcome the upcoming fall season is to wear your favorite sweater, a cup of PSL, and hang a fall wreath? It would absolutely be easy-peasy amazing, but we all know that fall preparing for the change of seasons isn’t at all fun. It takes a ton of work and preparation to make sure everything is functioning properly and organized. So if you don’t know where to start, here’s a complete checklist from Assured Comfort to prepare your home for fall.
Prepare Your Home for Fall Tips
- Check all flashlight batteries and stock up on supplies
- Check if exterior wall water pipes are insulated
- Check your home for drafts and cold spots
- Check your outside water spigots for leaks and put away all water hoses
- Clean off and cover your outdoor furniture
- Clean on and around your outdoor HVAC units
- Clear the gutters and fix gutter guards to prevent backups when the cold month hits
- Empty the fuel from summer lawn equipment
- Plant your bulbs for the springtime season
- Prepare your furnace
- Ready your chimney and conduct an annual safety inspection and cleaning
- Replace dry or damaged weather stripping on all doors and windows
- Replace the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Stock up on firewood
- Test and check generators
- Trim your landscaping for damaged tree limbs
Prepare to welcome fall with a cup of PSL and pumpkin spice candles by checking off everything on this list! Plus, it’ll save you money and more time to spend with your family and friends. Learn more interior design tips and ideas on Omysa’s Design blog. You got this!