The idea of working from home indefinitely can be horrifying, but here are a few ways how you can refresh and renew your home office to make it a happier and productive space.
We know your heart dropped when your boss finally announced that it’s time to go back to the office, and your heart dropped again for the second time when your boss announced that it’s better to work from home due to the virus. We can’t deny that the idea of working from home can be a mix of different emotions: happy and daunting. Sure, it sounds great to work from the comfort of your own space, but it’s also disheartening to think that we’ll be working from home alone until the pandemic is over. So it’s no surprise that some of us are unmotivated and uninspired to complete our daily office tasks.
The best solution? Refresh your WFH space to inspire and motivate you to be productive again. Here are a few simple ways to renew your home office this 2021.
Renew Your Home Office
- Create a Relaxing Plant Corner: Did you know that plants can help increase your productivity and decrease your anxiety and stress. It can be as simple as arranging your plants in groups and add a simple armchair or floor cushion. This corner can serve as your meditation area or break area if you need a quick escape from work.
- Decorate the Space: Trends come and go, and it might be a sign for you to swap some décor pieces, like adding colorful glass vessels, new scented candles, and chic containers for your pens and pencils. You’ll be surprised at how a little décor can make your desk look so much better and happier.
- Diffuse Any Situation: Adding a diffuser in your home office space is such a game-changer. It can help calm your mind and increase your concentration.
- Stand Instead of Sitting: One of the ways to renew your home office is to choose a standing desk. It can help improve your health, such as a bad back, weight gain, and early death from too much sitting. Plus, standing while working feels like an exercise because you can stretch your body and help you stay awake while at work.
- Upgrade Your Coffee Station: Yes, it’s time to upgrade your coffee station by purchasing a new cute mug or a new coffee maker. If you’re not a fan of coffee, you can replace it with tea or an assortment of drinks you love.
Learn more interior design tips and ideas on Omysa’s Design blog. You got this!