Make your guests feel warm, welcome, and blessed to be part of your Thanksgiving celebration with our ultimate Thanksgiving décor checklist!
There’s plenty of time to prepare for Thanksgiving, and if you’re hosting the much-awaited holiday of the year, then it’s best to start thinking and planning on how you can make your home feel festive and inviting. Of course, decorating your home for Thanksgiving is as important as preparing the food to serve. So for this year’s Thanksgiving, we’re here to help you create a warm and charming home to wow your guests. Use our Thanksgiving décor checklist to make sure you have everything under control.
RELATED: 3 Unique Thanksgiving Décor Tips
Thanksgiving Décor Checklist
- Area Rug: Make your home look cozy by placing a Thanksgiving theme are rug in the entryway, living room, or dining room.
- Centerpiece: You should definitely check off the centerpiece on the list since everyone needs a Thanksgiving centerpiece to spruce up the dining table. Of course, you can go with the traditional turkey centerpiece, or you can go with a lovely combination of flowers and pumpkin centerpiece idea.
- Cornucopia: Remind everyone to be thankful for the abundance of food this holiday with a cornucopia.
- Fall Candle: Fill your home with that crisp autumn smell with scented candles, like pumpkin spice, apple pumpkin, or cranberry.
- Garlands: Don’t forget to decorate your fireplace or mantel with a chic Thanksgiving garland. You can also wrap garlands around your staircase banister.
- Napkins & Napkin Rings: Add charm to your Thanksgiving table with napkins and napkin rings with fall motifs.
- Pillows: Adding Thanksgiving pillows is the easiest way to decorate for the holiday. Plus, they add coziness and color to your living space.
- Place Cards: Cross-off place cards on your Thanksgiving décor checklist. You can DIY your place cars or print premade ones on the internet.
- Plates: Pair your usual dinnerware with pretty Thanksgiving dinner plates.
- Pumpkins: Pumpkins are popular décor pieces this fall season, and they work perfectly on Thanksgiving too! You can either go for the traditional orange pumpkins or paint pumpkins in a neutral shade for a subtle look.
- Serving Platters: Add a touch of Thanksgiving to your table with a festive serving platter.
- Table Runner: Highlight the delicious food you’ll serve with a gorgeous table runner.
- Tablecloth: If you want a traditional look this holiday, go for a Thanksgiving-themed tablecloth to dress up your dining table.
- Turkey: Add at least one Thanksgiving turkey in your home, specifically on your sideboard.
- Wall Décor: Add wall art or signs related to Thanksgiving, or you can create your own Thanksgiving wall art with photos of everything you’re thankful for.
- Welcome Mat: Greet your guests with a chic Thanksgiving welcome mat!
- Wreath: Hang a Thanksgiving wreath on your front door, windows, or create your own mini wreaths to dress up your dining chairs.
Learn more interior design tips and ideas on Omysa’s Design blog. Happy decorating!